Tuesday, September 30, 2008

lunch date?

Today I didn’t talk to Daisy until after lunch. “Why?” you ask. Well, she had a lunch date.

Sort of.

And by sort of, I mean she didn’t know it was a lunch date. She knew it was lunch. She knew it was lunch with a coworker. But she didn’t know it was a date. A date with a coworker.

To make matters worse, our classy, stylish Daisy wore a dress to work today. (Bad idea, Daisy.) And heels. (Badder idea, Daisy.)

Anyway, I was gonna go on and on about how pathetic and awkward the whole thing was (Italian chain restaurant, he paid, awkward compliment about how great she looks on the car ride back, etc). But, as I was formulating this blog in my head (in the bathroom, of course) I realized something: ITGuy and I aren’t so far apart. I mean, I’m kind of suave and awesome – neither of which he can claim – but he is, to my understanding, recently divorced and by all indications somewhat depressed. I feel sort of recently divorced and adrift. I could be only a step away from fishing for dates at the office.

So I decided – despite all the obvious signs that this would make a great episode of The Office and is rife for my not-so-unique brand of angry spiteful humor – to go easy on ITGuy.

So Daisy, if you’re reading this, please be very direct with ITGuy. Let him know you’re not interested. And go easy on him. For my sake.

After all, you’re only a quick case of the ugly away from that being you. (Had to get one in.)

No comments: